This Site

Posted by FBLorenzana | 10:19 PM

In this site, I will be writing about some untold stories of my journey to priesthood that slowly and eventually drifted away to marriage, and the constantly and dynamically evolving faith behind my decision to have a family of my own, a family that differs in so many ways from the family I once belonged, err, from the community where we called those Fathers in their first names, the community who uses cloaks as façade of walled-wanton dreams, whatever that dreams were, I did not know. Of course, wet dreams were among them.

All I knew then, that by mere wearing a habit, I gained so many brothers and sisters, almost everybody called me brother and our superiors as their fathers.

I will be sharing also here some insider’s view of the walled life inside the enclave we called The Hill (read and pronounce it correctly, it is not the ‘hell’) and also some untold glories and ironies that cloaks as well as beatifies the seminary lives of those who dared and endured the rigorous and equally religious purgations of the semens, who called themselves, Called.

And of course, I will not be forgetting the realities that have put my faith and beliefs to the test and those equally seminal revelations that keep me clinging to my now learned and tested faith.

To keep this site alive and encompassing to the semi(e)nal lives, I will try to gather some actual stories, told or untold, from ex-seminarians who could align themselves to my experiences at The Hill.

So, as to not make this site autobiographical, stories are threading the thin line between fiction and realities. But, I like you to read these stories as fictions and satiric in nature.

Having said that, all characters and places mentioned in this site are considered fictitious and any resemblance or whatsoever to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. The names, incidents, dialogues and opinions should be taken as fictions, though these stories actually happened sometime ago. Nothing is intended or should be interpreted as expressing or representing the views of any person or any religious organization.

You are free to express your opinions through any acceptable manners. Or, if you happened to be one of the CALLED, you are hereby enjoined to collaborate on some stories. Just contact us at talesofthehill@gmail.com.

Don’t let yourself miss some stories by joining us in our mailing list or by subscribing to Tales of The Hill feeds.


“LEARNED FAITH IS SUPERIOR TO FAITH CAUSED BY IGNORANCE.”